Old 22-11-2018, 15:42
Đã tốn tiền
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotuka14 View Post
wow, i thought vozer were really bad at english
In my case, you are absolutely right . I have no idea about the level of the others.
Old 22-11-2018, 16:01

Quote:
The number of contestants enter the play area increases each round, one in “Solo Wall”, two in “Double Wall” and three in “Triple wall”.
Ý mình muốn diễn đạt là: Số người tham gia tăng lên từng vòng, 1 người ở "Tường đơn", 2 người ở "Tường đôi" và 3 người "Tường ba".
Vậy câu trên đúng ngữ pháp chưa mấy thím
Lá vàng trước gió sẽ đưa vèo.
Old 22-11-2018, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giam Doc EVN View Post
How bad are you?
Badder than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberlarry View Post
trust me i don't even know how to pronounce short/ long vowels, i take them literally by their names (e.g by making long vowels sound slightly longer while short ones kinda end decisively), phonetics really is perplexed.
Sadly, this guy is right. Pronouncing a word correctly is actually not that hard, you just do what the native are doing. Yeah, there's gonna be some variations but cuộc sống mà you can not expect every single person to say a word the same way across the board.

Phonetic/ phonemic transcription is just a suggestion. Just try your best to mimic that woman in your dictionary and/ or some random guys on YouTube (highly suggest that you find a topic that is not related to 'learn English qwik' or something like that), your body will gradually adapts to... basically everything. Grammars, pronunciations, or when to use this particular word but not that other word which also has the same meaning in Vietnamese but in fact is quite different from the word that should be used in that specific situation which is that particular word I've mentioned earlier, they all will come naturally as you are advancing through the journey of learning a new language (in this case, English).

Until one day, when you come across the lengthiest word in the entire world, every single syllable will just fly out of your mouth like it is nothing. Now lets go and pwn 'em noobs. Like Bear used to say ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME.

In the mean time, I'll learn some Chinese and French, so good luck to me too. I hope it's useful for you. Have a nice day and take it easy.

P.s. Can someone check for any mistake in my first attempt in this thread, please! I really appreciate it.

Sent from SM-N960N using vozFApp

Last edited by tmh_0412; 22-11-2018 at 16:37.
Old 22-11-2018, 16:06
Đã tốn tiền

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Tachibana View Post
Ý mình muốn diễn đạt là: Số người tham gia tăng lên từng vòng, 1 người ở "Tường đơn", 2 người ở "Tường đôi" và 3 người "Tường ba".
Vậy câu trên đúng ngữ pháp chưa mấy thím
entering; cái đơn - đôi - ba ở đây không chắc
Old 22-11-2018, 16:43

Quote:
entering; cái đơn - đôi - ba ở đây không chắc
Senpaiii, what's your major? Mine is 'Business English'. I'm pretty worried about my future job cuz I don't want to be a teacher or a interpreter. Tbh, I just know what I hate but not what I want to do for a living.

Old 22-11-2018, 17:46
Đã tốn tiền

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmh_0412 View Post
Senpaiii, what's your major? Mine is 'Business English'. I'm pretty worried about my future job cuz I don't want to be a teacher or a interpreter. Tbh, I just know what I hate but not what I want to do for a living.

Mine was Portuguese but trust me i suck at it hard . I'm in the same shoes with you, tbh i feel like English is probably my best asset and given my supportive and sympathetic nature, i'm seriously considering to propel myself onto this academic path. I've been clueless about my future all this time, not knowing exactly what i want to do or what i'm good at - i am well aware of my weaknesses though: i don't want anything related to law, financial and economic stuff; they bore me to death by the mere thought of them, but this might be it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I was also skeptical about my English skills before and still am, having taken the TOEIC test doesn't completely erase that thought, probably just 20%, IELTS is the real deal and if i'm able to achieve my target (which is 8.5) then it would probably ease my mind a little bit, but once again, not completely, after all they're just figures and it takes more than just high scores... I'm also a pragmatic and realistic guy so i don't want to do things on a whim, everything has to be deliberately and thoroughly devised, so in case plan A doesn't go my way, there are always B, C,... left to use. Right now i've drawn 80% of this map in my mind and hopefully things will work out.

Last edited by Saberlarry; 22-11-2018 at 17:54.
Old 22-11-2018, 19:03
Đã tốn tiền

Quote:
Badder than you

Sadly, this guy is right. Pronouncing a word correctly is actually not that hard, you just do what the native are doing. Yeah, there's gonna be some variations but cuộc sống mà you can not expect every single person to say a word the same way across the board.

Phonetic/ phonemic transcription is just a suggestion. Just try your best to mimic that woman in your dictionary and/ or some random guys on YouTube (highly suggest that you find a topic that is not related to 'learn English qwik' or something like that), your body will gradually adapts to... basically everything. Grammars, pronunciations, or when to use this particular word but not that other word which also has the same meaning in Vietnamese but in fact is quite different from the word that should be used in that specific situation which is that particular word I've mentioned earlier, they all will come naturally as you are advancing through the journey of learning a new language (in this case, English).

Until one day, when you come across the lengthiest word in the entire world, every single syllable will just fly out of your mouth like it is nothing. Now lets go and pwn 'em noobs. Like Bear used to say ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME.

In the mean time, I'll learn some Chinese and French, so good luck to me too. I hope it's useful for you. Have a nice day and take it easy.

P.s. Can someone check for any mistake in my first attempt in this thread, please! I really appreciate it.

Please don't use long sentences. I'm almost dead after trying to read through your post
Old 22-11-2018, 20:38

Quote:
Mine was Portuguese but trust me i suck at it hard . I'm in the same shoes with you, tbh i feel like English is probably my best asset and given my supportive and sympathetic nature, i'm seriously considering to propel myself onto this academic path. I've been clueless about my future all this time, not knowing exactly what i want to do or what i'm good at - i am well aware of my weaknesses though: i don't want anything related to law, financial and economic stuff; they bore me to death by the mere thought of them, but this might be it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I was also skeptical about my English skills before and still am, having taken the TOEIC test doesn't completely erase that thought, probably just 20%, IELTS is the real deal and if i'm able to achieve my target (which is 8.5) then it would probably ease my mind a little bit, but once again, not completely, after all they're just figures and it takes more than just high scores... I'm also a pragmatic and realistic guy so i don't want to do things on a whim, everything has to be deliberately and thoroughly devised, so in case plan A doesn't go my way, there are always B, C,... left to use. Right now i've drawn 80% of this map in my mind and hopefully things will work out.
I like the way you effortlessly describe yourself. Personally, it's doesn't feel right to judge one's self (including mine) through words. There's a thin line between a deceptive answer and an honest one. It has been a big problem to me. I seem to be unable to pick out the right words to describe myself up to a standard that I can confidently share it with everyone else. Maybe I should think less, maybe words are just not my thing, idk. The best I could do is expressing my opinions toward the appearance of a given person which I try not to do because it's kinda rude. But the same doesn't hold true when I try to give my POV on a specific product e.g a smartphone (i'll throw one tomorrow), or a motorcycle, etc. With that said, I still think that being able to describe my personality is quite handy in some cases.

Last edited by tmh_0412; 22-11-2018 at 20:40.
Old 23-11-2018, 08:55
Đã tốn tiền

Quote:
I like the way you effortlessly describe yourself. Personally, it's doesn't feel right to judge one's self (including mine) through words. There's a thin line between a deceptive answer and an honest one. It has been a big problem to me. I seem to be unable to pick out the right words to describe myself up to a standard that I can confidently share it with everyone else. Maybe I should think less, maybe words are just not my thing, idk. The best I could do is expressing my opinions toward the appearance of a given person which I try not to do because it's kinda rude. But the same doesn't hold true when I try to give my POV on a specific product e.g a smartphone (i'll throw one tomorrow), or a motorcycle, etc. With that said, I still think that being able to describe my personality is quite handy in some cases.

Sometimes you've got to lie it embarrasses me to hell whenever i think of my first interview, i was naked (in a figurative way), unprepared and goddamn too honest about myself
Old 23-11-2018, 14:39

at Black Friday, how many things have you bought ?
Zalo/sms/call: 0838.284.284